Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weigh-In

I have been dreading this all day. Why did I agree to do this?? Oh yeah, because I want to fit into this:

and to have arms that look like this again:


And so, my results for Week 1:

Pounds lost : 1
Inches lost*: 3" total
Hips: 1"
Waist: 1"
Chest: 1"
*I measured about 3 weeks ago, so this is not the result of 1 weeks work, I don't think.

I will admit, I was quite disappointed this morning by the low loss. I really worked hard last week. I will definitely be giving it a little more this next week. This is working, though. The fact that I have decided to regularly post about the journey has made me think twice about what I do, and motivates me to try harder for a larger number of pounds off next week. Even if that means scraping ice off of the car in 5*F weather at 7 AM, while wearing capris in order to drive to the gym while my husband and daughter sleep warmly under their covers.

3 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

Weigh-Ins are always no fun for me. One pound of loss is great though. I've read and was told by my old family doctor that the first while of working out and watching what you eat tends to be a gaining time because your muscles are building.... SO KEEP IT UP!!!! :O)

Mary Seals said...

Good Job :-D

running with angels said...

Getting up and out of the house is really the hardest part of the workout!! I have to talk myself into it every. single. day. I am proud of you!! Maybe we will do LOTOJA .....well when I re-learn how to ride a bike:)