Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weigh-In


Week 3 Results:

Pounds lost : 2
Inches lost: 1" total
Hips: 0"
Waist: .5"
Chest: .5"

Simply stated, progress is rewarding! I was down four pounds at one point midweek, but a birthday dinner with the in-laws took care of two of those for me. Like Peter has said - this is probably more sustainable than large amounts lost one week and none the next.

Ok, so my goal for this week (besides losing some more L B's) is to come up with a decent workout playlist. It is amazing how something so silly can make or break your enegry level, and quite frankly, my list sucks right now. I am sending out my plea to blogdom! Help me save my playlist!! Leave me 3+ songs (artist and title) down there in the comment section that you love to work out to. I will publish my finalized list once I have one that I feel I can listen to for more than one session.

3 comments:

Hilary Joy said...

As a tribute to our Freshman year in college I think you should have "Wide Open Spaces" by the Dixie Chicks. I also really like "Mambo Number Five" (don't remember the artist), because it's peppy. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, it's the classic workout song. Good luck in your endevors. Right now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it in a small apt. to get an eliptical. I'm also trying to lose a little weight, and I just don't have motivation to leave the apt. to work out. I miss you and hope all is well.

Susan said...

Ok, there are many more than this, but here are three songs I listen to regularly while working out:

1-Beautiful Day - U2 (this is a good one to get warmed up on, or even to wake up to...helps get me going)
2-Up - Shania Twain (yes, I am a nerd and still listen to her once in a while. This is a good one especially when running up a hill, or stairs, etc.)
3-All or Nothing - Athena Cage (from the "Save the Last Dance" soundtrack...really motivating)

Hope that helps!
Good luck!!

running with angels said...

80's music....Am I giving away my age? Seriously, as corny as it sounds, the old 80's heavy metal like def leppard, poison, and van halen are actually pretty good for working out(and completely corny at the same time)!!Call me and I will tell you what is on mine, but I am too embaressed to actually post it:)